Bryan and ClareLand Seeker
Current Location: Idaho, Idaho
Seeking Land in the Following Counties: Adams (ID), Adams (WA), Asotin (WA), Beaverhead (MT), Benewah (ID), Benton (WA), Bonner (ID), Boundary (ID), Canyon (ID), Chelan (WA), Clallam (WA), Clark (WA), Clearwater (ID), Columbia (WA), Cowlitz (WA), Custer (ID), Douglas (WA), Ferry (WA), Franklin (WA), Garfield (WA), Grant (WA), Grays Harbor (WA), Idaho (ID), Island (WA), Jefferson (WA), King (WA), Kitsap (WA), Kittitas (WA), Klickitat (WA), Kootenai (ID), Lemhi (ID), Lewis (WA), Lincoln (WA), Mason (WA), Nez Perce (ID), Okanogan (WA), Oregon, Pacific (WA), Pend Oreille (WA), Pierce (WA), San Juan (WA), Skagit (WA), Skamania (WA), Snohomish (WA), Spokane (WA), Stevens (WA), Thurston (WA), Valley (ID), Wahkiakum (WA), Walla Walla (WA), Washington, Whatcom (WA), Yakima (WA)
Seeking Land Size: 1-5 acres, 6-10 acres, 11-40 acres, 41-100 acres, 101-500 acres, 501+ acres
What types of farming operations are of interest to you?
- Large Animal (eg cattle or sheep)
- Small Animal (eg pigs or poultry)
What farming practices do you plan on using?
- Not Applicable
Please elaborate on the type(s) of agricultural operation you plan on running:
Sepp Holzer/ Mark Shepard-style permaculture; traditional Indigenous agriculture/ dry-farming; diverse; biodynamic/ beyond organic/ quantum etc.; medicinal herbs and perennial systems; climate battery greenhouse/ aquaculture
What is your farming/ranching experience?
- 5 years or less farm management
- On-farm apprenticeship
- Other experience/license/agricultural training
Tell us more about your agricultural experiences:
- Bryan currently teaches high school sustainable/ ecological agriculture in New Mexico, which he studied at college in Olympia, WA. He owned and operated an independent "green" landscaping business in Spokane, WA and has written several business plans, for grass-fed beef, diversified vegetables, and value-added fruit and vegetable enterprises, with assistance from the Small Business Development Centers and Northwest Ag Business Center. Our family has practiced small-scale permaculture design and implementation for several years. We are currently most passionate about "restoration agriculture", more specifically medicinal herbs, livestock, and youth education. We envision ourselves in an active role in a small agricultural community, aiding food sovereignty and community sufficiency.
How many acres are you currently farming/ranching? 0
Please briefly describe what you grow or raise currently: We have not been on land for a couple years now.